Here are the five reasons I no longer watch the Oscars (or any award shows out of Hollywood).
1) I have to report to work at 7:30 am, so I am not inclined to stay up until midnight on a Sunday night.
2) I am at the age now where I really don't know most of the nominees.
3) The attitude of Hollywood is one of entitlement instead of gratitude.
4) Most of the nominated movies are no longer interesting to me. They are written and produced entirely around identity politics.
5) I'm tired of the political views of the winners dominating the speeches, and I don't care that millionaires are not happy with our current President. I also think it is horrendous that Hollywood elites have now aligned themselves with a political party that endorses infanticide.